The TrackR app features a phone alert feature that will keep you from leaving your valuables behind! Whenever the bluetooth connection between your TrackR and phone is lost, your phone will ring to let you know that you are forgetting an item. Follow the steps below to enable this feature:
1. Open the TrackR app
2. Click the icon in the top right corner that looks like three squares stacked on top of each other
3. Click the gear cog next to the TrackR you would like to enable phone alerts for.
4. Scroll down to where it says "iPhone Separation Alert" and toggle it on. The toggle will be green when it is turned on. If you are using an Android device this will be titled "Phone Separation Alert."
5. Adjust the Alarm Length to your liking. This signals how long your alarm will ring when separation occurs.
6. Click "Save" in the top right corner of the app to save your changes.
Hints and Tips for getting the most out of Phone Separation Alerts
1. Keep the TrackR app open and running in the background of your phone at all times. Closing out the app will disable your phone and TrackR's communications meaning your phone will not ring when leaving an item behind!
2. Enable Wi-Fi Safe Zones with your home and work Wi-Fi networks. There's no need to receive an alert that you are leaving your keys behind when you move from one end of your home to another. Wi-Fi Safe Zones will keep separation alerts from going off when you are logged on to specified Wi-Fi networks. The alerts will re-enable when you exit the area covered by the wi-fi network. If your keys are left inside of the house your phone will ring to let you know!
3. Use this feature on the items that travel with you most. TrackR is extremely helpful when finding items such as TV remotes inside of your home, but you won't necessarily need an alert to go off when you leave your TV remote behind. Enable separation alerts for items such as your keys, wallet, or purse as they are items you definitely do not want to leave behind!