If your TrackR and/or smartphone is sounding off at seemingly random times, you may have Separation alerts enabled. With Separation alerts, you have the option of your phone ringing, your TrackR ringing, or both, whenever you leave either behind. When “Device alert” is enabled your TrackR will sound off when the Bluetooth connection between your TrackR and phone is lost. Conversely, when "Phone alert" is enabled your phone will begin to ring when Bluetooth connection between your TrackR and phone is lost. To remedy this issue you can turn off the phone and device alerts from the TrackR app. To turn off the alerts please follow these steps:
1. Open the TrackR app
2. Click the icon in the top right corner of the app. This icon will look like 3 blocks stacked on top of each other.
3. A menu will slide in with a list of each TrackR you have connected with. Click the gear cog next to a listed TrackR.
4. Another menu will slide in where you will have the option to turn device and phone alerts on and off. Move them to the off position. The device and phone separation alert need to be toggled off.
5. Repeat the steps above for any other TrackRs you are paired with.
If you wish to keep your separation alerts turned on, we would recommend turning on Wi-Fi safe zones. Wi-Fi Safe Zones will automatically disable separation alerts when you are connected to a specific WiFi Network.
To enable this feature, you can follow the steps below.
1. Open the TrackR app.
2. Click the icon in the top left corner that looks like three lines stacked on top of each other.
3. Select "Wi-Fi Safe Zones."
4. Turn the toggle on next to your home wi-fi network.
5. Click the back icon in the top left corner.
6. You now will not experience separation alerts while connected to that Wi-Fi network.